17. The EIP - SCC Action Clusters
8. FREILOT: Energy Efficient Intersection Service Effects in Helmond (NL) Source: FREILOT project 14 equipped intersections in urban zone
4. Helmond Mobiel 2015 Mobility policy Helmond Optimizing the use of existing infrastructure Urban traffic solutions technology driven: ITS Active support of smart mobility pilots and showcases
7. FREILOT Energy Efficient Intersection Service Helmond Priority at intersections – speed & time - to - green advice
10. Learning by doing, doing by learning ... The CAPITAL online training platform assists public and private stakeholders in developing their knowledge, skills, and abilities to build technical, business and policy making proficiency of ITS deployment while furthering their career paths CAPITAL Project CAPITAL – C - ITS TRAINING http://capital - project.its - elearning.eu/
1. Innovationlab , June 14 2019 Drive n , Helmond City of Smart Mobility Impact of C - ITS, autonomous vehicles and flexible services. Sophie van Velzen Project Manager Smart and Green Mobility - City of Helmond
19. Seven working groups On Demand – Last Mile Smart Parking Solutions Urban Freight Transport Traffic Management of the Future Intelligent Speed Assistance Excellent Governance for New Mobility Services Smart Walking and Cycling
18. The SUM Action Clusters New Mobility Services (NMS) Electric Vehicles for Smart Cities and communities (EV4SCC) Intelligent Mobility for Energy Transition (EM4ET) Urban Air Mobility (UAM) Alternativ e Fuels Special Vehicles (AFSV)
13. Effects? C - Mobile, meeting/event title, Venue 13 ITS can help for: • Improving mobility and accessibility in general • Leading to a sustainable, clean and efficient transport • Innovative traffic management • Improving road safety and vulnerable road users protection • Support innovation ecosystem (R&D – pilots) How: • Optimizing the use of existing infrastructure • Urban traffic solutions technology driven: ITS • Automation for last mile solutions • Active support of smart mobility pilots and Showcases
12. An example of innovative Public Transport: Bravo flex • Bravo flex is een flexibele vervoerservice: – op afroep – zonder vaste route – van halte naar halte – géén dienstregeling – bestelling via een app , website of telefonisch – r eiziger bepaalt zelf tijdstip, opstap halte en eind halte 12
3. Why C - ITS and Automated driving projects in Helmond? Helmond’s main mobility challenges : • Congestion , noise and pollution – Maj or road going through the city center: a physical barrier and a cause for congestion, noise and pollution – 30.000 vehicles and 2.000 trucks passing every day • Improving mobility and accessibility: – P roviding good quality PT - system in low demand areas – Challenge “last mile accessibility” from railway stations • Create sustainable economic growth & innovation – City as a living lab 3
11. EU Automated driving projects in Helmond • MAVEN – Traffic Management C - Automated Vehicles • Co - Exist – AV - ready transport models and road infrastructure for the coexistence of automated and conventional vehicles • Autopilot – IoT and Automated driving – Live demo’s automated driving • FABULOS – Future Automated Bus Urban Level Operation Systems – Pre - Commercial Procurement • Secredas – Safety and cybersecurity for automated systems • 5GMobix – 5G for CCAM • ReVeAL – Urban Vehicle Access Regulation by means of CCAM 11
6. EU ITS projects in Helmond • FREILOT Energy Efficient Intersection Service Helmond – Priority at intersections – speed & time - to - green advice (14 equipped intersection in urban environment) • Compass4D – Services – Energy Efficient Intersection, Road Hazard Warning, Red Light Violation Warning – Pilot sites: Bordeaux, Copenhagen, Vigo, Verona, New Castle, Thessaloniki, Helmond • C - the Difference – GLOSA, green priority, emergency vehicle warning, road works warning, red light violation warning – Focus on city twinning and #vehicles: 103 equipped with ITS G5 OBU (trucks, emergency vehicles) • C - Mobile – Focus on large scale C - ITS deployment >100 vehicles in Helmond, > 50 equipped intersections – 8 pilot sites, architecture, bundling of services, replication capabilities, deployment process • CAPITAL – C - ITS training 6
9. C - M OBILE : A CCELERATING C - ITS M OBILITY I NNOVATION AND DEP L OYMENT IN E UROPE / Stakeholders Organizational CONVERGE Technical NL - RefArch MOBiNET Appl. Bundles C - MobILE Architecture Pilot Sites Users Developers Business Pilot site partnerships VIGO BARCELONA BILBAO BORDEAUX NORTH BRABANT THESSALONIKI NEWCASTLE COPENHAGEN Validation & Assessment Deployment processes Replication Capabilities Sustainable large - scale C - ITS deployment
15. Next steps – From pilot to large scale implementation • Single technical innovation - > network level / whole system – Impacts on total TM network – Connection between micro and macro network – City driven – Link with other sectors (not only mobility), like health, city planning • From technical innovation - > operational deployment – Legislation – Procurement – Data – Privacy – Business model – New roles: Public - private, shared - individual – Integrated model – Interoperability • Including Human Factors: – User acceptance – Citizens’ behavior - Changing behavior – Co - creation 15
5. Smart Mobility in Helmond ➢ Contribute to large scale deployment and implementation of C - ITS ➢ EU - Projects ➢ Pilot and tests in real traffic conditions ➢ Implementation of C - ITS like connected traffic light controllers ➢ Prepare for introduction and transition towards automated vehicles ➢ EU - Projects ➢ Pilots and tests ➢ Smart Mobility tested / implemented in Brainport Smart District ➢ Innovative public transport solutions , like Bravo flex ➢ Cooperation in SmartWayz.nl, Brainport Smart Mobility , EU networks , KIC Urban Mobility , NMS ➢ Automotive Campus
14. Lessons learnt? • Learning by doing • Commitment of local stakeholders is key for success , e.g. Fire Brigade, transport company • For professional users, there could be a business case if sufficient economies of scale • Use same road side equipment for multiple use cases & groups of stakeholders (investment efficiency) • Upscaling through national programs helps ( Talking Traffic) • Policy base and political support is important • ITS should give answers to real local problems • Not “ one size fits all “ • Think global , but act local • Seeing is believing • .................................... 14
- 17 Total Views
- 10 Website Views
- 7 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 odoo.macq.eu
- 8 www.macq.eu
iCAR-G3-EN3301 Views .
iCAR-G3_FR3293 Views .
Macq Corporate Video1858 Views .
LEZ brochure_Why_Macq1816 Views .
iCAR Range1792 Views .
Macq_2018_Final1590 Views .
01 - Innovation Lab - Introduction v1.089 Views .
2.06 - Innovation Lab - Don't block the box47 Views .
06 - Innovation Lab - STI Namur v3.033 Views .
04 - Innovation Lab - Carpooling v2.129 Views .
11 - Innovation Lab - Wrap-up v1.028 Views .
2.08 - Innovation Lab - Nvidia - Metropolis27 Views .
2.01 - Innovation Lab - Introduction27 Views .
08 - Innovation Lab - C-Mobile v2.027 Views .