08 - Innovation Lab - C-Mobile v2.0
10. What info do we send with C - ITS?
14. What can we do with C - ITS?
19. Sensor capable of VRU visualisation Vehicle visualisation Vehicle and VRU detection Trajectory interpretation V2I communication iVRI Connected car
20. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 723311.
1. Co - funded by the European Union Co - funded by the European Union Accelerating C - ITS Mobility Innovation and depLoyment in Europe Geert Vanstraelen / Macq / February 1 st 2019
3. P ARTNERS / 3 Public Authority Research and academia Users Industry Consortium Associated Partners Twinning with US DoT ITS Architecture & Standards
5. G5 or 5G that ’s the question Some insights into C - ITS
13. Messages for Traffic Light Controllers: SPaT : Signal Phase and Timing MAP: topological definition of lanes Map makers are investing into very precise maps • HERE: consortium of German car builders Audi, BMW, and Daimler • TomTom, in the C - Mobile consortium
2. 2 / C - MobILE : Accelerating C - ITS Mobility Innovation and deployment in Europe / ITS = Intelligent Transport Systems / C - ITS = Collaborative ITS
11. CAM: Cooperative Awareness Messages • Cooperative Awareness Messages (CAMs) are messages exchanged in the ITS network between ITS stations ( ITS - S) to create and maintain awareness of each other and to support cooperative performance of vehicles using the road network. • Time, position, motion state, activated systems, etc. • Data about the dimensions, vehicle type and role in the road traffic, etc.
17. Macq in C - Mobile • VRU detection installation in Eindhoven at two complex crossroads • Blind spot detection in front of the automotive campus • Demo at the world C - ITS congres in Helmond June 2019
7. PKI Public Key Infrastructure • DSRC messages are broadcasted , they can be seen and sent by anyone . • Connectionless : cannot use the tradional WiFi security • Need to know that the sender is reliable . To guarantee that he uses a certificate . • The certificate could be used to follow the vehicle for a long time - > privacy issue. Therefore we receive a large pile of certificates and we can change them often . • Without PKI some things are not possible , for instance priority for emergency vehicle
9. Growing concensus : the future will be hybrid • G5 for security and cooperation between vehicles ( and local infrastructure ) • 5G for longer distance communication • High volume ( entertainement in the car ) • Less critical information (traffic information, maps , even GLOSA ...) • Need a GeoMessaging server
12. DENM: Decentralized Environmental Notification Message • A DENM contains information related to an event that has potential impact on road safety or traffic condition. • An event is characterized by an event type , an event position , a detection time and a time duration .
6. G5 • ETSI ITS - G5 • DSRC: Dedicated Short Range Communication • WiFi IEEE802.11p • Connectionless communication licensed ITS band of 5.9 GHz • Listen before you send principle • NXP is the main European company with a chipset • Several partners in our network have a modem
16. E2: Blind spot detection • The blind spot detection aims to detect and warn the drivers about other vehicle of any type locates in predefined blind spot locations. E3: Warning System for Pedestrian / VRU • Warning system for pedestrian aims to detect risky situations (e.g. road crossing) involving pedestrians, allowing the possibility to warn vehicle drivers. Hence, the warning is based on pedestrian detection. • The scope of the service can be extended to cover other VRUs (e.g. cyclists). E1: Traffic light for VRU • Traffic Light Prioritization for Designated VRUs (through a mobile app.) • Cooperative Traffic Light based on VRU detection and Counting 18
8. 5G • Next generation o f LT E - 4G • LTE = Long Term Evolution • Is cellular communication : not directly between the cars and /or infrastructure • 5G is faster and has lower latency but requires more antennas • Scalability ? • Half duplex • Aware that some processing must be done as close as possible to the user. Moving cars - > attributed data center can change ( also in the case of an interuption in the network ). • Tests are being done . Not yet operational on a large scale .
18. • System configuration • OBU • Roadside systems • Camera • RSU (modem) • iVRI • Service / software • Etc. Visual Thermal Using Deap Learning on the combination of thermal and visual image 20
4. F ACTS / 4 / Project coordinator > Marcos Pillado, Applus+ IDIADA / 37 partners from 9 European countries / General timing > June 2017 – November 2020 / Allocated total budget > 15,059,453.42 € / Total funding > 12,575,000.05 €
15. C - MOBILE NORTH BRABANT PILOT SITE Helmond H1: Emergency vehicle warning H2: Signal violation warning H3: Green priority H4: GLOSA H5: Urban CACC H6 : Motorcycles approaching indication - 1 intersection: Automotive Campus - N intersections: equipped in Freilot Eindhoven E1: Traffic light for VRU E2: Warning system for pedestrian E3: Blind Spot - 1 intersection: TU/e - 1 intersections: Media Markt - 1 intersection: Wolvendijk U R B A N Tilburg T1: Truck platooning - 1 corridor: ...... LS A58/A67 A1: Rest time management A2: Motorway parking availability A3: Road Work warning A4: Road Hazard warning - 1 corridor: A67 - A58 - 1 corridor: A270 - A58 SEMI - U R B A N H I G H W A Y PTV Dynniq TNO Eindhoven MACQ TNO LS LS Helmond Helmond MACQ
- 28 Total Views
- 15 Website Views
- 13 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 7 www.macq.eu
- 1 odoo.macq.eu
iCAR-G3-EN3301 Views .
iCAR-G3_FR3293 Views .
Macq Corporate Video1858 Views .
LEZ brochure_Why_Macq1816 Views .
iCAR Range1792 Views .
Macq_2018_Final1590 Views .
01 - Innovation Lab - Introduction v1.089 Views .
2.06 - Innovation Lab - Don't block the box47 Views .
06 - Innovation Lab - STI Namur v3.033 Views .
04 - Innovation Lab - Carpooling v2.129 Views .
11 - Innovation Lab - Wrap-up v1.028 Views .
2.08 - Innovation Lab - Nvidia - Metropolis27 Views .
2.01 - Innovation Lab - Introduction27 Views .