HOW ARE THE TRENDS GAZELLES SELECTED ?
For the past 18 years, Trends and Trends has selected between 50 and 200 Trends Gazelles within each province. These growing companies are not only a source of energy for our economy but also a real inspiration for entrepreneurs. Trends Gazelles are not selected based on a flashy presentation or a dynamic and original pitch. They are selected on the basis of actual growth figures : growth in turnover, personnel and cash flow. The methodology is as follows:
- Based on a quantitative analysis by Trends Top , we distinguish 3 categories of companies:
- "small companies" (turnover below 1 million euros),
- "medium-sized companies" (turnover between 1 and 10 million euros) and
- "large companies" (turnover of more than 10 million euros).
- Then, we evaluate their balance sheets of the last 5 years on the basis of 3 criteria and we establish a classification according to their growth (in absolute and in percentage):
- Growth of the turnover
- Growth of the staff
- Growth of the cash- flow
- The company must have created 20 jobs since its creation (10 for small businesses). And finally, the Trends Trends editorial assesses whether companies will ever be able to demonstrate sufficient operational independence .